We rang in the new year with our quarterly CaDC Steering Committee meeting generously hosted by the City of Sacramento. The Committee unanimously approved Elizabeth Lovsted as Chair and considered several exciting new prospective projects and pro-bono research proposals.
In the afternoon, the California Data Collaborative hosted an open workshop on the "State of the Data" with leading water efficiency experts to drive deep into the technical realities of Governor Brown's framework to make conservation a way of life. Those presentations are available below:
- Amy Talbot, Sacramento Regional Water Authority on Data in Your Own Backyard
- Patrick Awater, California Data Collaborative on the Rapid Assessment
- Elizabeth Lovsted, Eastern Municipal Water District on Outdoor Water Efficiency
- Drew Atwater, Moulton Niguel Water District on CII Benchmarking
- Kate Gasner, Water System Optimization on Leak Loss
Also a special thanks to Mary Ann Dickinson, CalWEP / AWE, for moderating! Lastly, if you haven't already, please take a look and review the SCUBA metadata documentation detailing the water data we've integrated! The goal is to streamline important research to support water managers in ensuring water reliability no matter what the future holds.