CaDC Governance Structure
CaDC Key Benefits
- Customer level water data from multiple agencies across the state organized for effective analysis to improve water resource management and the development of policy by others.
- Ability to engage and collaborate with project partners from various sectors and organizations.
- Shared resources for cost effective project development and evaluation.
- Each CaDC member contributing its full annual assessment to the CaDC will be permitted to have a representative on the Steering Committee.
Each CaDC member will designate a steering committee member and alternate.
This will be subject to reconsideration based on future growth of the CaDC and Board participation.
- Scheduled quarterly meetings and tactical updates as needed
- Participating members of the CaDC will not represent the CaDC without being designated to do so by Steering Committee and shall at all times adhere to the CaDC Policy Principles.
- Final completed work products may be presented to external entities by CaDC staff. Staff will keep the Steering Committee informed of such presentations.
- Staff and members will follow the CaDC Policy Principles when presenting projects or information associated with the CaDC
- Approve the final scope of work for common CaDC projects.
- Project will be proposed/refined by the data action teams for approval. (This section does not limit the ability of CaDC members to choose to share their data for specific partner projects)
- Scope of work will include, at a minimum: Project purpose statement; initial assumptions; source(s) of data; project partners; timeline; budget; and deliverables.
- Review and approve the annual budget and expenditures for the CaDC.
- Approve any revisions to the scope of work and budget for common CaDC projects.
- Approve grant funding applications and agreements prior to implementation.
- Approve the final completed work product prior to publication or dissemination.
- Director will report progress and present final deliverable to the Steering Committee.
- Draft results will not be distributed outside of the Data Collaborative.
- Review and approve new members and will have the right to revoke membership if required.
- Accountable to the Steering Committee.
- Administration of the CaDC.
- Prepare annual budget and track expenditures and revenue.
- Prepares scope of work and work plan for each project in the Analytics Agreement, including the following:
- Project purpose statement; initial assumptions; source of data; project partners; timeline; budget; and deliverables.
- Coordinates with CaDC collaborators to complete projects.
- Updates Data Action Teams and Steering Committee.
- Pursues appropriate grant funding and prepares grant applications.
- Direct and hire project staff to deliver on approved analytics projects
- Present CaDC Policy Principles to be reviewed and revised by the Steering Committee, as needed.
Data Action Teams
- CaDC members and external stakeholders able to participate.
- Data Action Team participants are not permitted to share draft results outside of the CaDC.
- Review, refine and provide input to Project Manager on proposed project scopes of work and work plans.
- Provide technical review resources for projects in process.
- Review and comment on draft work products.
- Approval and summarization of work products